“Taking care of people who cannot take care of themselves”
Click here to see our current searches!
The word “kindred” has many meanings, including allied, similar and family. We believe the name reflects our business as well as our values. We are dedicated to providing quality long-term care as well as to the principles of service, compassion, integrity and sound fiscal stewardship.
Kindred Healthcare has a presence in 40 states, operating about 250 skilled nursing centers, more than 70 long-term acute care hospitals, more than 30 institutional pharmacies and a contract rehabilitation services business. Our evolution and growth into one of the nation’s largest and most respected health care providers has been built on the guiding objective of providing Quality Through People. Our company stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol KND.
The people we serve in our nursing centers require dedicated, attentive care, and the people who provide that care do so with the help of advanced technology and a sense of teamwork that has made Kindred nursing centers among the most respected in their fields.
Good Reasons to Pursue a Career with Kindred Healthcare
1. Kindred Healthcare is one of the largest long-term healthcare organizations in the nation, with a presence in 40 states.
2. We operate with a singular and clear mission: to be the nation’s leading provider of skilled nursing and long-term hospital services.
3. Our resources are extensive. Every facility within Kindred is networked, nationwide. We offer a better, faster means of communication and smooth business processes.
4. Our people share our vision. We are committed to the idea of Quality Through People, and to be the best we hire the best. You will work alongside dedicated individuals who take pride in their work.
5. Our atmosphere is professional and warm. Working together as a team is the Kindred way. We support each other, fostering a welcoming, positive attitude.
6. We support our employees. Through ongoing training, education and safety initiatives, we help provide our people with the tools they need to perform at their best.
7. Our facilities are state-of-the-art. We invest in cutting-edge equipment and technology so that you can do your job most effectively.
8. We believe in flexibility. If you’re going back to school or have obligations at home, we understand. We’ll develop a schedule that works for everyone.
9. We support career advancement and believe in promoting from within. Tell us your ambitions and goals – we’ll work with you to help them happen.
10. The satisfaction and fulfillment you gain from taking care of individuals who cannot take care of themselves is phenomenal. Every bit of progress, every smile or “thank you” is its own reward.
What We Offer
As a member of our team, you will benefit from ongoing training and development programs that allow you to gain new skills as you gain experience. We believe in maximizing the potential of our employees and offer opportunities to grow by promoting from within. We also offer comprehensive benefits, flexible hours and scheduling and a solid future with a national leader in providing quality healthcare.
Careers with Kindred Healthcare
At Kindred Healthcare, we understand that our nurses and staff are critical partners in the mental and physical healing process. They develop caring relationships with our hospital patients and long-term residents, celebrating their milestones as if they were members of the family. This special calling requires special people. If you are interested in a rewarding career with Kindred Healthcare, we will be glad to talk with you.
Click here to search our latest opportunities: www.Kindredhealthcare.com
Locations with Kindred Healthcare
Kindred Healthcare has nursing facilities in the following states:
Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.